Sunday, July 17, 2011

Annie Dee's

So who doesn't like to feel feminine and girly? I am always shopping for those unique and beautiful accessories for both myself and my daughter. While doing so I stumbled upon one of my new Favorite shops ~ Annie Dee's
Another fantastic Etsy find that I feel every woman young or old will fall in love with! Here is Annie's story:
"I'm a mom to two children, my daughter is 10 and my son is 3. I work full time, but love to craft and have lots of different projects going on at a time. When I see something interesting, I want to make it - I think that's half the fun for me. Trying to figure out how something is made and doing it my way!

I've always been a creative person and make many different crafts. So, when I saw beautiful fabric flowers in department stores on clothes and as accessories and thought I could make them for myself. Throughout the process of creating my flowers, I discovered how certain types of fabrics react when singed and which fabrics look well together. I take both color and the type of fabric into consideration while making my creations.

Once I started making them, I couldn't stop! So, I decided to open my very own Etsy shop. My flowers are unique because I let the buyer choose how they would like to wear their accessory. I offer the option of attaching the flower purchased to headbands, bobby pins, hair clips, or a pin back to wear as a brooch.

In addition to my fabric flowers, I also sell items I crochet. I've crocheted since I was 10 years old when my aunt taught me. I've done it off and on for the past 7 years, but had fallen out of working on any projects until this past winter. I saw the mohawk hats that popular retail stores were selling and picked my hook up again to make my 3 year old son one for winter. My husband brought him into where I work one day and I ended up making 8 more of them for my co-workers, which reignited my passion for the craft. A couple of my co-workers approached me about teaching a class on our lunch break, so I did and have been holding the class for the past 7 months. It's now more of a crochet group than a class!

I find my inspiration mostly from fashion. I look at the season's Pantone colors and work off them in hopes those color combinations will be popular. Right now I'm looking at the upcoming fall's fashions and stocking up on fall and winter color fabrics."

Here are a few of Annie's beautiful pieces of work:

I handcrafted this flower in a gold/copper color satin fabric. Each petal was singed to create a one of a kind (OOAK) flower accessory. This flower is adorned with 5 small pearl beads that are hand stitched in the center of the flower and attached to a silver bobby pin.


I handcrafted this blue flower with a beautiful shade of blue satin and light baby blue organza fabrics. Each petal was singed to create a one of a kind (OOAK) flower accessory. The flower is adorned with three blue glass beads.


This flower accessory is hand cut and handmade in with cream ivory satin, red and brown organza, and ivory tulle fabric. The edges are singed to create a one of a kind organic shape and adorned with multi shape red and brown glass beads that are hand stitched in the center of the flower.


I hand crochet this purse with very soft white acrylic yarn. I adorned the bag with a purple chiffon and tulle flower. The flower has a small sparkly purple glass bead in the center and is sewn to the purse.


I hand crochet this bath poof with 100% cotton yarn. Colors are light tan, coral/peach, and green. The bath puff is approximately 4.5 in by 4.5 in.

This puff is machine washable and can be thrown in the dryer. After use, just squeeze the water out and then hang to dry.
** Promo ~ FREESHIP for free shipping! **

There are so many wonderful finds from this extremely talented Etsian! So visit her shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnnieDees Browse around, Show her some Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment