Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Grannys Craft Attic

As many of you know I sell my products not only on my own .com web site, but also on Etsy. Have you ever shopped on Etsy? All I can say is if you have not, you do not know what you are missing! There are so many amazing items to be found, and talented crafters/ artists to go along with! With that being said, I decided that I wanted to share the stories of some of these AMAZING people and their shops.

This first talented artist, I met in a treasury, and I have to say is an absolute gem! So please, get a cup of coffee, sit back, read about her, browse her shop, and let her know what you think! Show her some LOVE!

What inspired Judi to begin crafting?
Judi has been doing some sort of craft for longer than she can remember, and has always wanted to have an outlet where she could sell those items. Judi continued to say, "since I am now retired and my girls each have their own lives, when opportunity knocked, I opened the door."

Judi's daughter's friend told her about Etsy, where she first started out with an Etsy shop named Smart N Sassy Sayings, making little hanging pillows with outrageous sayings on them....a throw back from her NY upbringing. When her older daughter was pregnant with her third child, she revisited crocheting, and started adding crocheted items to the Etsy shop. Since the crocheted items did not fit the previous shop name, she decided to open Granny's Craft Attic.

Judi LOVES thinking out of the box, and when she finds a pattern for an out-of-the-ordinary item, she just has to have it and make the item....like the Couch Tissue Box Cover or the Miss Lizzy Tish TP Cover. Judi also says she loves patterns where the stitches form a picture. One such item is the Colorful Kittens Afghan she made for her Etsy shop; it sold within a week of being listed!

Judi believes that excellent customer service is the most important thing, with 90% of her business being the interaction with a customer. She will work with a customer as long as it takes to make sure they get what they want, and LOVES when a customer requests a special item, or an existing item in a different color, or size.

Here are some of Judi's wonderful finds that you can find in her shop:
http://www.etsy.com/people/grannyscraftattic


SANTA CLAUS GIFT CARD HOLDER
What do you give to the person who has everything? A gift card of course....and here is a Gift Card Holder with Santa Claus ‘watching’ you. Use it to insert money or a gift card. Made with plastic canvas, acrylic yarn, wiggle eyes and a dab of glue, it measures 3" x 4 1/4". I am really jazzed at how this turned out!

If you would like to hang this on your Christmas tree, let me know and I will add a metallic thread hanger.
Need more than one? Please convo me for volume pricing.
The Joann gift card is NOT included


PEEK-A-BOO PASTEL BABY AFGHAN - PINK
This beautiful afghan will envelope your little sweetie in clouds of softness....she will be floating on air while snuggled in white, pink and multicolor stripes. I have made a scalloped edging.

The afghan measures approximately 38" x 41".
Machine wash/dry at low temperatures.


COLORFUL KITTENS (this is an already sold afghan but will be happy to make it if requested, and in whatever color scheme the customer wants)

What a great combination....babies and kittens!

If you look closely, you will see rows of little kittens....all in different colors: pink, yellow, blue, green, lavender and white. The stitch configuration turns the yarn into little kittens. I crocheted this lovely afghan with a very soft baby yarn. The dimensions are approximately 35" x 35". This afghan is machine washable/dryable on low.


COUCH TISSUE BOX COVER - MADE TO ORDER
Every table needs a couch on it...lol....so here is a couch to put on your table and cover a box of tissues at the same time. This whimsical tissue box cover will fit a box of tissues measuring 3 1/2" deep x 4 1/2" wide x 9 1/4" long. The back and arms of the couch are stuffed with fiberfill for that 'comfortable' look. The round pillows each have a crocheted flower applique, fiberfill inside and are sewn on to the couch. This item is a MUST for your home!

*****This item is made to order.*****

I can do this in any color that will fit your decor, and can even make different types of pillows, as you can see from the pictures of the couch. Please convo me with your color/pillow type preference.
The box of tissues IS NOT included.


MISS LIZZY TISH TP COVER- MADE TO ORDER
Hey there you Red Hat ladies (and non-Red Hat Ladies too)...here's a really cute item to spruce up your bathroom... This little cutie wears a ruffled bottom dress, with a ruffle at the neckline and on the sleeves. She's all dolled up with her pearls and of course her red hat has a purple feather, pearls and a crocheted flower. One picture was taken by a very satisfied customer, who emailed it to me and is allowing me to use it.

*******THIS ITEM IS MADE TO ORDER*******

Now some of you may like the idea of this but not the colors....so if you would like it in another color combo, please let me know and I will be happy to make it up for you. Those who prefer another color I ask for prepayment because I do not have all colors of yarn and feathers on hand and would need to get in touch with my supplier. I figure I would need 10 days to have supplier send me materials, 2-3 days to make the item for you, and shipping to you takes about 3 days.

This tp topper is approximately 10" high and will fit a standard TP roll. The roll of tp is NOT INCLUDED. ***This item is shipped Priority Mail Flat Rate so you will receive it within 3 business days.*** I know the shipping fee is pricey but in order to not squash the hat this is how I have to ship it.


So now that you have met this talented Etsy Seller, Visit her Shop, Look around, and show her some Love!
www.etsy.com/shop/grannyscraftattic

No comments:

Post a Comment