Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sweet Art Sweets

As many of you know I have been on a journey through Etsy to find Amazing shops by Incredibly Talented Artists. Today on my journey I came across Sweet Art Sweets bake shop.

Let me tell you, my mouth watered and my tummy rumbled while trying to resist the temptation! But who could resist such amazing sweets? This was a shop I just knew I had to learn more about. So I contacted the very talented owner; Elizabeth Walsh. I asked her to share with me more about herself, her shop, and how she started, and this is what she had to say;

"I have been interested in baking for as long as I can remember. My mother and grandmother are my inspirations. I can think back to sitting on a stool in my grandmother's kitchen watching her bake. She always baked the prettiest, tastiest cookies for Christmas. I can also remember sitting on the counter in our family's kitchen, watching my mom prepare baklava, layer after layer of fillo dough and butter, intently watching her precision with each step. I've baked lots of trays of baklava, but mine never taste (or look!) as good as hers. She truly is a master chef in my eyes - the best of the best!

I began baking in my teens - cakes here and there for friends and family. The first two tiered cake I made was for my sister's engagement party. It was a replica of a Hawaiian themed Colette Peters' cake. I had purchased a Colette Peters' book and poured over that thing until it fell apart!

I am self-taught; I've never taken a cake or cookie decorating class. I do have a degree in art, so that helps a little. The very first cookie I ever decorated was about 10 months ago - I wanted to make butterfly cookies for my daughter's first birthday party. I googled "butterfly cookies"... and up popped Sweetopia's website, www.sweetopia.net. I was hooked. I poured over her site, learning everything I could. I was like, "I can totally do this!" BUT.. it was harder than I thought! So I practiced like crazy, and to date I've probably made a couple thousand cookies... getting better with each one!

I realized this was something I absolutely could not live without - and then I realized people actually wanted to buy my products! I had just recently become a stay at home mom to my 2 wonderful children, so I thought this would be the perfect way for me to earn some extra money. I came up with the name SweetArt Sweets because I wanted a product that not only tasted amazing, but looked amazing as well! I wanted my products to be like edible art. I started selling to friends, then to friends of friends, and I now have so many wonderful customers. I bake every day, into the wee hours of the night sometimes because it is only me doing the promoting, selling, networking, baking, decorating, and packaging, and shipping. When I first started selling my products, my husband (Mr. SweetArt Sweets) told me that he would support me all the way. And he has - 1,000 percent!!! I couldn't do it without him. At this time, I work in my home bakery - in consistence with Florida's Cottage Food Law - but my dream is to one day open up a storefront bakery."

Now trust me grab a nice hot latte or a cold glass of milk and just even try to resist the temptation! Trust me, you will not be able!

Whooooo wants cookies??? I do! These cute little owls will make your day with their adorable expressions.

Each cookie is about 3.25" across and will be individually wrapped and heat sealed. This listing is for 6 cookies, but larger orders are also available.

You will get an assortment of yellow, orange, and blue owls or you can choose one of those colors for your entire order. Please let me know your request in notes to seller. They will stay fresh for 4 weeks and can be frozen in their original packaging for up to 3 months.

I love any type of butterfly, but I think monarch butterflies are especially beautiful. These were inspired by a gorgeous monarch butterfly pattern that I stumbled upon. I first draw with edible marker on each cookie and then go back in and fill with royal icing - almost like I'm painting.

You will receive 6 butterflies for this listing. Each one will come individually heat sealed and tied with decorative ribbon. They will stay fresh for 4 weeks and can be frozen in their original packaging for up to 3 months. These cookies are not only beautiful but extremely tasty as well!

I am an artist through and through, and I love to paint on canvas... so why not paint on a cookie? These hummingbird cookies are delicately painted with luster dust and gel colors to achieve a beautiful picture that is completely edible.

These delicious, soft sugar cookies are approximately 4.75" across. The cookies are covered in my homemade marshmallow fondant and then painted. For those who don't care for the somewhat crunchy royal icing, the soft, smooth consistency of fondant is the perfect alternative.

I individually wrap and heat-seal each cookie and tie with a matching ribbon. The cookies will stay fresh for up to 4 weeks, but you can also freeze for up to 3 months. I have had rave reviews about how yummy these cookies are, and also that they are just as good after being in the freezer as when the customer first received them.

The images that you see here can be ordered or I can do a different hummingbird image for you altogether. You choose the images that you would like. This listing is for 6 cookies, so you choose if you would like one image or six different images. Or if you would like a larger order, please convo me and I will do my best to accommodate you!

These make great gifts!!!

I don't know about you, but I love coffee! And what better accent to your morning coffee than a cookie that looks like your cup of coffee?! These soft sugar cookies will melt in your mouth.

12 pink coffee cookies come with this listing. The cookies come beautifully packaged, individually heat sealed, and tied with a matching ribbon. The cookies will stay fresh for 4 weeks and can be frozen in their original packaging for up to 3 months. I can also do a custom order with the other coffee cookies that you see pictured, so please convo me with your request along with any questions you have. These cookies would be a nice gift for any coffee lover.

These hippos are too cute, you'll just have to eat them!

These cookies would be adorable as favors for any party. They can be made into any animal, such as elephants, lions, zebras... you name it and I'll do my best to make it happen for you.

Cookies come individually packaged, heat sealed, and tied with a decorative ribbon. They will stay fresh for up to 4 weeks and can also be frozen in their original packaging for up to 3 months. Larger orders are available; please convo me and let me know your request! Gift cards can be included at no additional charge.

If you have never tried cookies from SweetArt Sweets, this is the perfect way to sample! Not only are they adorable, but they are tasty too. These are soft sugar cookies covered in royal icing.

Ladybug sampler comes with 2 dozen ladybug/flower cookies.
Cookie size is approximately 1.25"
Please specify which sampler you would like in notes to seller.

Have a different design in mind? Convo me and I'll be happy to make a custom listing for you!

Now that you are hungary for a sweet! Visit Elizabeth's shop at:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SweetArtSweetsShe also says she is having a 1,000 Facebook Fan Giveaway on her blog starting next week (7/18) www.blogspot.sweetartsweets be sure to check her out and show her some LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment